Christmas giveaway 2k17 kickoff
    zira
    Associate
    In-game: ★Zira

Christmas giveaway 2k17 kickoff

by zira » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 pm

So what I am suggesting, is we kick off 2017 with a Christmas event held on the day of Christmas.
    The owner would log in and if possible take the form of Santa
    and giveaway rare sets which would include one of each of the following:
      Party hat set
      Santa
      Scythe
      bunny ears
      easter basket
      sled
      mask set
    This is good while the population is low, the prices would be unstable for the first month or so then start to climb as people quit or horde the items, they are only cosmetic so it has no real harmful effects and gives all the plays on Christmas day something to cheer about :)
    they would be given out by the owner to people on Christmas to avoid - account creations for getting double loot and other scamming mechanisms and possible cap it at 50-100 given away or even make it so at a certain time on Christmas everyone is given the set and its ip/mac sensitive so if u are logged on two accounts only one gets it.

and if the holiday items are not acceptable then do the 3rd age sets in the same fashion.
    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
  • Defence
    Consigliere
    In-game: ★Defence

Re: Christmas giveaway 2k17 kickoff

by Defence » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Don't you think this will defeat the purpose of an eco server , i mean there's not a lot of rares in our eco. But i'd also like something similiar to this.
    1.st to 200m xp attack.

1.st to 200m xp hp.
    Mayav
    Associate
    In-game: Mayav

by Mayav » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:01 pm

don't agree with this. no point in giving away rares now just for the sake of adding them, we have some rares ingame and they'll slowly enter eco, bombing the eco with them will just destroy the "rare" factor.
    --- Hardcore Ironwoman Mayav ---

#1 99 dungeoneering (Hardcore Ironman)
    #1 120 dungeoneering (Hardcore Ironman)
    #1 Completionist (Hardcore Ironman)
    #5 Completionist (Overall)
    #2 Maxed (Hardcore Ironman)
    zira
    Associate

by zira » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:32 am

wrong, I am majoring in marketing aka economics haha

there is no eco for rares right now and that's the point
    we are not bombing the server we are giving them to players on Christmas day
    in which they will value themselves. eco is based of supply and demand.
    atm there is no supply.

maybe he just raids the server with Christmas crackers like the item is suppose to be used?
    if this is the servers first Christmas it would also make sense to do this as like jagex did and as the server progresses they will become more and more rare as i have stated.
    it would be nice to see the rares floating around and in 5-6 months time the veterans of the server will have the advantage when the demand goes higher and they're the only suppliers :)

but he could release 5 christmas crackers to each person to keep or use and like trading it cant be used on someone from ur ip or mac address :)
  • Defence
    Consigliere
    In-game: ★Defence

by Defence » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:55 am

You sir , changed my mind.
    1.st to 200m xp attack.

1.st to 200m xp hp.
  • zatox
    Consigliere
    In-game: ★Zatox

by zatox » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:48 am

actually there is supplies, you can get santa hat and phat from mystery box.

someone sold a green phat for like 20m. so the demand idk. price are not set but in the end, its only cosmetic.

personnaly i dont care about cosmetic items but no they shouldnt be given away on 25 december.
    zira
    Associate

by zira » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:59 am

zatox wrote:actually there is supplies, you can get santa hat and phat from mystery box.

someone sold a green phat for like 20m. so the demand idk. price are not set but in the end, its only cosmetic.

personnaly i dont care about cosmetic items but no they shouldnt be given away on 25 december.

Mystery box is not supply, it's a way of obtaining by chance,
    supply is when people supply the item to the public in a way other than chance so for gp.
    and demand is when people see the item and want it and demand it at a price eventually supply meets demand
    and an equilibrium is reached in which a price is created as the people with these items quit or horde the supply goes back down moving the supply curve to the left and price is increased

but Christmas crackers were meant to be given away on Christmas that's the idea behind the item i played during that time in rs history xD plus the odds of there being more than 40-50 people online on Christmas is slim, so I think this is a great gesture and a way for circulation :)
    Reaper82
    Associate
    In-game: ★Reaper82

by Reaper82 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:06 pm

I'm for this! Free gifts! Haha! But it would be cool to have something and be like " yeah I've been here that long!" Ya know? Like an unreadable Xmas phat or something as well as the normal traded rares
    Garrett
    Associate
    In-game: ★Garrett

by Garrett » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:26 am

Yes, supply and demand. But I am not selling cocaine, neither is a lot of people. Yes, we need more "rares" in the economy but Mystery boxes are perfectly fine. YES YES YES it's by chance but it's a rare? I don't want everyone having a party hat like in Oldschool RuneScape it will be worthless "only a few will drop only put some in the eco blah blah blah" I don't care the point of a rare is it is rare. RARE. I have been on servers were there isn't many ways to even get a party hat and the economy is perfectly fine. Maybe another way maybe in the wildy like a white berries (but dropped a lot from corp) to have a money supplier basically bring supplies back in forth or something. It is wild but the PvP function isn't working at the moment so add random npcs that will attack you possible like a minigame creation of you going and the npcs will storm after you I don't just random fucking squirt from my brain BUT anyways the point is it is a rare I don't think we need it in. Red Bull in my old neighborhood Delray Beach at Casa Bella in Florida (if you want a nice gated hood look into this https://www.langrealty.com/delray-beach-casa-bella.php my fiance and I loved it there) the Red Bull company when they made the new flavors would come to our neighborhood and hand them out. Yes, that's amazing it's free woo woo wooo but I mean if you want free shit that's not earned? Go to a customs server or some shit I would like Party hats to be earned by finding a glitch or I don't know..... doing good deeds so it is rare and makes a lot of people feel they should do good you know? So I do not agree. no need to fuck things up.
    Last edited by Garrett on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    zira
    Associate

by zira » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:30 am

never ask for free stuff,
    just a suggestion for players to have prestige in a few months.
    Christmas crackers were meant to be given away on Christmas that's the whole idea of them.

and no one said the economy was not fine so? someone just made an economical question.

Thanks for the feedback?