Fishing Guide
    AlmightyDiamond
    Developer
    In-game: ★Boemba

Fishing Guide

by AlmightyDiamond » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Hey guys, I've been thinking about creating this fishing guide because I have some good numbers which will give you an idea of how much fish you will have to catch to get to the 99 fishing level. This is how I did it, how I would advice to do it. There could be a better method but these are just the numbers I had. This wasn't during double exp weekend! just so you know.

First off we will start with the supplies you need, from home use the lodestone teleport to Port Sarim. Here you will find Gerrant, trade him and I would suggest buying a Small fishing net, Fishing rod and a fly fishing rod and a Lobster pot. Don't forget the feathers and fishing bait. When you have bought these items we can move on to the actual fishing.

First we have to get your shrimps, which you have always wanted to badly.
    To get to the fishing area we go to home and talk to the lovely teleport lady Ariane, then you choose the category Skilling and go deeper into fishing. Then select Fishing Guild.

Stay doing shrimps from level 1 to level 40 which wont take long we will use a Small fishing net for these fishes. We will have to catch a total of 70-80 shrimps / anchovies. (this really depends on which fish you receive the most.)

after you reached level 40 I would grind the lobsters until level 85-90 this is because of the best xp/hour. For lobsters you will need your lobster pot and still stay at the fishing guild. We will have to fish a total of 1384 lobsters.

After lobsters you can fish cavefish from level 85 until 90 or 99 depends on what you like more. Because some of you would like to start doing rock-tail's for food. But no worries I have both of them covered with some numbers.

For cavefish we will go to the next area, this can be found by using the Falador teleport and then you will run to the Dwarven mines. (picture included) When you reach the area use the ladder to climb down then you will walk south when you are in the dungeon. After walking south for just a few steps you should see a dark cliff with a rope. Use this rope to climb down to the living rock cavern's. Then move north in the dungeon you will see a cavefish soal. This is what you will fish until level 85-90.
    Use a fishing rod and fishing bait for this.

for the rock-tail's you will have to use living mineral's. These are obtained by killing a living rock striker/protector, when these creature's die they will turn into a mining object. When these are mined you will receive a bonus of living mineral's on top of the drop they gave you on kill. (Level 73 mining needed)

- 85-90 using cave fishes you will have to fish an amount of 269 cave fishes
    - 90-99 rock-tail's you will have to fish an amount of 1351 rock-tail's.

- 85-99 using cave fishes you will have to fish an amount of 1260 cavefishes.

I have chosen for the cavefish and rock-tail method because I wanted to use it for food for later on. Fishing takes a little bit so I've done this while working on some other things so It's more an afk skill.

I hope you guys like it and reach a happy 99 fishing.
    Last edited by AlmightyDiamond on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Still a better love story then Romeo and Julliet.
    I play so much rsps that even my girlfriend's underwear has become a rare drop.
  • No1
    Consigliere
    In-game: ★No

Re: Fishing Guide

by No1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Great guide man. Thumbs up!
    #1 Ironman - Yes
    1.st maxed Ironman
    1.st Player with a Noxious Scythe (Ironman)
    1.st Player with a Noxious Staff (Ironman)
    1.st 120 slayer (Ironman)
    1.st 120 firemaking (ironman)
    1.st 120 prayer (ironman)
    1.st 200m Divination (ironman)
    X Thomas X
    Ex-Staff Member
    In-game: ★Thomas

by X Thomas X » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:11 pm

very detailed guide.
    AlmightyDiamond
    Developer

by AlmightyDiamond » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks Thomas, this means a lot to me to hear this from you!
    The idea for grinding lobsters so hard came from you so a big shout out to you! :)
    admin
    The Don
    In-game: ★Admin

by admin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:04 am

Nice work with this, rewarded. Hit ::claim if online or just login and check bank.
    AlmightyDiamond
    Developer

by AlmightyDiamond » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks Admin! Stay doing what you are doing because you are doing great!